Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From May 24, 2023

Entire Process Of Rs 2,000 Notes Withdrawal Will Be Non-Disruptive: RBI Governor

Entire Process Of Rs 2,000 Notes Withdrawal Will Be Non-Disruptive: RBI Governor
Shaktikanta Das said RBI is monitoring the situation and so far there is no concern or major issue.
STOCKS IN THIS STORY
Goenka Business & Finance Ltd.
--

Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das today stressed that the entire process of withdrawal of Rs 2,000 notes will be non-disruptive, and the Central Bank has been monitoring the situation regularly.

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday announced the withdrawal of Rs 2,000 denomination banknotes as part of its currency management. It has maintained that this wasn't demonetisation as the 2000 rupee notes continue to be legal tender, meaning they can be used for making payments.

Replying to questions at an event organised by industry body CII, Governor Das said the entire process of withdrawal of the high-denomination currency will be non-disruptive.

"The entire process will be non-disruptive. We have made our analysis about that," the Governor said.

Mr Das also said RBI is monitoring the situation regularly and so far there is no concern or major issue.

The 131-day window to exchange 2000 rupee currency notes opened on Tuesday.

The Rs 2,000 notes constitute around 10.8 per cent of total currency in circulation or Rs 3.6 lakh crore. The notes can be exchanged or deposited till September 30, 2023.
 

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search